We are looking to fill a vacancy on our board of directors for the volunteer position of Programs Director. Programs Director is responsible for organizing events and developing and curating on-going programming at our Community Space.
Please send your resume and a small paragraph about why you’d like to join the DECL team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is January 29.
Position Title: Programs Director /Event Coordinator
- The board of directors is the legal authority for the Downtown Edmonton Community League (“DECL”).
Term of Office
- Term of office is 2 years.
- Weekly time commitment of 3-4 hours.
- A director is expected to be fully informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the organization.
- Review the board’s conduct and monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
- Speak positively of the league and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees and communities to enhance the league’s mission.
- Orient new board members.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for all required meetings.
- Develop, monitor, review and approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board, its standing committees and staff.
- Review the bylaws and recommend changes to the membership.
- Participate in the development of the league’s organizational plan, annual review and budget.
- Approve the budget and other financial matters.
- Prepare and present required reports at board meetings.
- Prepare and present an annual report at the annual general meeting.
Responsibilities of PROGRAMS DIRECTOR
- Works with the City Community Recreation Coordinators (CRCs).
- Is Chair of the Programs Committee and works with the other members of that committee
- Prepares and reviews policy and procedures related to programs and social activities
- Is “point person” or main contact for DECL’s main events/membership drives, the Pancake Breakfast and Cornfest, as well as smaller events.
- Determines which programs will be offered to the community, then arranges for instructors and accommodation.
- Establishes process for approving new programming proposals
- Makes recommendations to the board.
- Coordinates marketing of events with Communications Chair
- Coordinates rental of DECL space with Facilities Coordinator
- Prepares budget and financial reports for the treasurer
- Arranges payments to instructors and keeps appropriate records.