We are looking to fill vacancies on our Board of Directors for the volunteer positions of Programs Director and Garden Co-ordinator. Programs Director is responsible for organizing events and developing and curating on-going programming at our Community Space, while the Garden Co-ordinator will be responsible for chairing and organizing the new Garden Committee at Alex Decoteau Park.
Please send your resume and a small paragraph about why you’d like to join the DECL team to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline has been extended to November 8.
If you have any additional questions, please let us know!
The DECL Board
Term of office: Remainder of 2017-18 year.
Weekly time commitment of 3-4 hours.
– A director is expected to be fully informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
– Commit to the work of the organization.
– Speak positively of the league and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees and communities to enhance the league’s mission.
– Prepare for and arrive on time for all required meetings.
– Develop, monitor, review and approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board, its standing committees and staff.
– Participate in the development of the league’s organizational plan and budget.
– Approve the budget and other financial matters.
– Prepare and present required reports at board meetings.
– Prepare and present an annual report (if applicable) at the annual general meeting.
Responsibilities of Programs Chair:
– Works with the City Community Recreation Coordinators (CRCs).
– Is Chair of the Programs Committee and works with the other members of that committee
– Prepares and reviews policy and procedures related to programs and social activities
– Is “point person” or main contact for DECL’s main events/membership drives, the Pancake Breakfast and CornFest, as well as smaller events.
– Determines which programs will be offered to the community, then arranges for instructors and accommodation.
– Establishes process for approving new programming proposals
– Makes recommendations to the board.
– Coordinates marketing of events with Communications Chair
– Coordinates rental of DECL space with Facilities Coordinator
– Prepares budget and financial reports for the treasurer
– Arranges payments to instructors and keeps appropriate records.
Responsibilities of Garden Co-ordinator:
– Is Chair of the Alex Decoteau Park Garden Committee and works with other members of the committee
– Prepares and reviews policy and procedures related to the Garden Committee
– Is “point person” of main contact for DECL in regards to Alex Decoteau Park Garden.
– Determines how Alex Decoteau Park gardens will be offered to the community
– Coordinates marking of events related to the Garden Committee and provides content to Communications Chair
– Makes recommendations to the board
– Prepares budget and financial reports related to Garden Committee to treasure